Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Special situations
- Capital markets
- Private equity and venture capital
- Communications, media and entertainment
Sam Zadeh has significant experience in domestic, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate reorganizations and corporate finance transactions.
He routinely acts for clients of all sizes, from start-ups to large multinational organizations, in a variety of industries such as banking, technology (including fintech), pharmaceuticals, entertainment/media, resources and retail.
Sam has acted for domestic and foreign acquirors, private equity sponsors, targets, special committees and boards of directors on all aspects of M&A transactions (both public and private), including statutory plans of arrangement, business combinations, reverse takeovers, strategic review processes, going-private transactions, private equity transactions and negotiated acquisitions. He brings extensive experience in corporate finance transactions, representing issuers, underwriters and investors in initial public offerings, domestic and international debt and equity public offerings, private placements and alternative forms of financing. Sam also advises clients on a broad range of ongoing commercial, corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters.
Sam is a contributing author for Lexis Practice Advisor Canada's module on plans of arrangement, a resource relied upon by M&A practitioners across Canada.
- Ontario 2016
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Carlsberg Group, in its $144 million cross-border acquisition of Waterloo Brewing Ltd. by way of a plan of arrangement
- Genius Brands International, Inc., in its cross-border acquisition of Wow Unlimited Media Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement, including receipt of a significant regulatory approval from the Department of Canadian Heritage under the Investment Canada Act
- Novo Holdings A/S, in its cross-border acquisition of Altasciences Acquisition Holdings, LP
- Flexiti Financial Inc., in its $155 million cross-border sale (including conditional earn-outs) to CURO Group Holdings Corp. through two simultaneous plans of arrangement and in its concurrent closing of a $500 million credit facility
- Agrium Inc., in its $36 billion merger transaction with Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Canadian Oil Sands Ltd., in its defence of the unsolicited take-over bid made by Suncor Energy Inc., which ultimately resulted in a negotiated transaction representing total transaction value of $6.6 billion
- Royal Bank of Canada, in several domestic public offerings of subordinated debt and preferred shares (including raising over $9 billion in aggregate of non-viability contingent capital (NVCC) subordinated notes and a $300 million offering of NVCC non-cumulative, 5-year rate reset preferred shares series BO), and in several renewals of its base shelf prospectus and medium-term notes program supplement (including its inaugural filing as a "well-known seasoned issuer" pursuant to the Canada Securities Administrators' Staff Notice 44-306 – Blanket Orders Exempting Well-known Seasoned Issuers from Certain Prospectus Requirements)
- Bank of Nova Scotia, in its ¥33 billion offering of fixed-rate resettable NVCC subordinated notes, marking the first subordinated debt offering by a Canadian bank in Japanese currency under Canada's regime for bank capital
- Visa Inc., in its €3.0 billion cross-border offering of senior notes
- Barclays Bank PLC in connection with its investment in FreshBooks and in seed round financings
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch: Corporate Law, 2024
- Chambers Canada, Ontario: Corporate/Commercial, Chambers and Partners, 2024
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited completes C$600m private placement offering of unsecured medium term notes
September 19, 2023
May 24, 2023
February 23, 2023
February 06, 2023