Olivier V. Nguyen
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Olivier V. NguyenvCard
Related services and key industries
Olivier Nguyen's practice covers all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, including corporate disputes, government procurement and commercial contracts, banking affairs, class actions and civil liability. He acts for clients before the courts of Quebec and Ontario, the federal courts, the Canadian International Trade Tribunal and regulatory authorities.
Mr. Nguyen also practices in international trade law. He handles import and export commercial matters, anti-dumping actions, free-trade agreements and economic sanctions.
In regard to government procurement, Mr. Nguyen advises public and private clients throughout Canada on complex issues relating to calls for tenders and government contracts, including in particular preparing and drafting calls for tenders and handling government procurement disputes.
Since 2013, Mr. Nguyen has been supervising the activities associated with University of Ottawa's involvement in the Charles-Rousseau Moot Court Competition in International Law, and in 2015, he taught the common law course on property law.
- Quebec 2016
- Ontario 2014
- Osgoode Society Prize for Canadian Legal History, which is awarded to the five students with the highest cumulative grade point average of the French common law program at the University of Ottawa
- Law Society of Upper Canada Award for outstanding achievement in legal studies, awarded to the 15 graduating students with the highest cumulative grade point average in each law faculty in Ontario
- "Bhasin v. Hrynew: Towards Clarity and Coherence with Respect to Good Faith in Contract Performance" (co-author), The Advocates Quarterly, September 2016, Vol. 46, No. 1, September 2016.
- "A.I. Enterprises Ltd. v. Bram Enterprises Ltd.: A Clearer Approach for the Tort of Unlawful Means in Canada" (co-author),The Advocates Quarterly, 2014, Vol. 42, No. 4, April 2014.
- "Practicing Law in French in the Ottawa Market," University of Ottawa, 2013-2014.
- Quebec Bar, 2016
- Ontario Bar, 2014