Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Michael Alliston is a tax lawyer based in London. He advises on a wide range of corporate tax matters, including M&A, corporate reorganizations, capital markets transactions and financings.
Michael's practice comprises a mix of transactional and stand-alone advisory work. He assists companies across a wide variety of sectors, including energy, infrastructure, financial institutions, funds, real estate and transport.
Michael has particular experience advising M&A and tax risk underwriters.
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales
- TortoiseEcofin - on the IPO of UK listed investment trust investing in renewable energy sustainable infrastructure assets.
- Kaefer – acquisition of John Wood Group industrial services business.
- Unily – growth investment in a provider of digital workplace platforms.
- Sonangol - on US$600m sale of shares in Puma Energy to Trafigura and its acquisition of Puma Energy's strategic assets in Angola.
- Taylor Maritime Investments Limited – on $253m IPO of UK listed shipping investment fund.
- Europa Capital - on the £1bn sale of the former Ford stamping plant in Dagenham in the UK to the Peabody Group.
Michael is a contributing author to Lexis Nexis' Guide to FATCA and CRS Compliance.
June 01, 2021
May 21, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Sonangol on sale of shares in Puma Energy and purchase of strategic assets
April 21, 2021
Publication | March 22, 2021
Publication | November 04, 2020
Inside Tech Law Talks - The new tax changes affecting technology businesses and their group structures
Blog | October 29, 2020
Publication | October 2020