Technical Advisor (patents)
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
John Jahchan is a technical advisor at the firm for patents in the intellectual property group. He works on innovations relating to chemistry, chemical engineering, and biotechnology.
He has previously worked on, for his master's project, diabetes cell therapy using chemical engineering processes to create a capsule to protect cell transplants. He also investigated the use of iron oxide nanoparticles to image the capsules post-transplant by magnetic resonance imaging.
- Research grant, Diabetes Quebec, 2019.
- Research grant, Diabetes Quebec, 2018.
- "Imagerie par résonnance magnétique d'ilots pancréatiques encapsulés," Journal Plein Soleil Diabète Québec, Quebec City, fall 2018.
- "Alginate beads with superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for pancreatic islets encapsulation and imaging," 13th annual scientific meeting of the Montreal Diabetes Research Center (MDRC), Montreal, February 2019.
- "Creation of MIN6 cell aggregates and their encapsulation in alginate beads," 12th annual scientific meeting of the MDRC, Montreal, February 2018.
- "Co-encapsulation of gadolinium-based nanoparticles and pancreatic cells in alginate beads for diabetes cell therapy," 1st annual meeting of the CQMF/QCAM network, Sherbrooke, QC, October 2017.