Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Kristopher Miks' practice focuses on securities and corporate law in a wide range of industries, with an emphasis on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and providing corporate governance and securities regulatory advice.
Kristopher has represented both purchasers and vendors involved in friendly and hostile mergers and acquisitions transactions, including takeover bids, plans of arrangement, reverse takeovers and other business combination transactions. He has also advised issuers, underwriters and institutional investors in a wide range of financing transactions, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, private placements and alternative forms of equity and debt financing. In addition, Kristopher frequently provides advice to Canadian public companies on their disclosure, corporate governance, and other corporate and securities law obligations.
Additionally, Kristopher frequently advises entrepreneurs, start-ups and emerging growth companies on corporate structure, governance, financing and licensing matters.
Prior to joining us, Kristopher was in-house counsel at a leading Canadian insurance company and was previously a partner in the Toronto office of an international law firm.
- Ontario 2014
- Alberta 2011
- British Columbia 2010
Kristopher currently acts or, prior to joining us, acted in the following matters:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Emblem Corp.: Counsel to Emblem Corp. in the reverse takeover of Saber Capital Corp. for CA$75 million
- Harris Corporation/Harris Canada Systems Inc.: Canadian corporate counsel to this leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence, in connection with the sale of its government information technology services business to an affiliate of Veritas Capital for US$690 million
- Horizon Plastics International Inc.: Advised Horizon Plastics International Inc. in connection with the sale of substantially all of the company's assets to Core Molding Technologies, Inc. for gross proceeds of approximately US$63 million
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.: Canadian counsel to Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. in connection with its acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Starz, a NASDAQ-listed company, for US$4.4 billion
- Sandvine Corporation: Counsel to the TSX-listed corporation and the special committee of its board of directors on the acquisition of the company by an affiliate of Francisco Partners and Procera Networks, Inc. for CA$562 million by way of a plan of arrangement. The acquisition followed a successful auction under a go-shop process
- SoundExchange, Inc.: Acted as Canadian counsel to SoundExchange, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Limited, a Canadian music licensing collective
- Desjardins Securities Inc.: Counsel to Desjardins Securities Inc. in connection with respect to a brokered private placement of CA$15 million of common shares of Fortress Blockchain Corp.
- Emblem Corp.: Advised Emblem Corp. with a combined offering of debt and equity by way of a bought deal short-form prospectus for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately CA$53 million and on its private placement offering of special warrants for CA$16 million and subsequent prospectus filing in connection with the qualification of the securities underlying the special warrants
- Shopify Inc. Management Team: Advised Shopify Inc.'s management in connection with its participation in the US$330 million underwritten combined treasury and secondary public offering of Shopify Class A Subordinate Voting Shares
- Underwriters: Advised a syndicate of underwriters coled by Dundee Securities Ltd. and TD Securities Inc. and including Raymond James Ltd. and Cantor Fitzgerald Canada Corporation on a CA$12 million bought-deal offering of flow-through shares of Denison Mines Corp. (TSX: DML) (NYSE MKT: DNN), a uranium exploration and development company
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario