Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Martin McCannTélécharger la carte virtuelle
- Droit bancaire et financement
- Marchés émergents
- Financement structuré d’échanges commerciaux et de matières premières
Martin McCann is a senior financing lawyer based in London. He joined the firm in 2003, having spent a number of years in mainland China working as a lawyer.
Martin led our global Infrastructure, Mining and Commodities sector team, and for many years led our corporate and banking teams around the world as the Global Head of Business.
Martin is a leader in all aspects of debt financing, from greenfield projects to financial restructuring, and is one of the most experienced project finance lawyers in London. He is in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame – having achieved Band 1 for ten years – in four separate categories: Emerging Markets; Mining and Minerals, Energy and Infrastructure; and Infrastructure (PFI and PPP). His clients include lenders, sponsors and private equity and debt funds. He has experience across all regions and is particularly recognized for his work in emerging markets, most notably in Africa and Latin America.
Given his experience in China, Martin often advises on transactions involving Chinese sponsors / lenders or Sinosure. He wrote the guide to accessing Chinese debt finance for project finance transactions.
Expérience professionnelleOuvrir tout Fermer tous les onglets
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
Representative experience: Africa
- ERG, DRC (RTR Project and Frontier) - advising Eurasian Resources Group in relation to the full development financing of its copper cathode and cobalt salt offtake and prepayment arrangements with its Chinese contractor/ Banks/Sinosure.
- Khoemacau Copper Project, Botswana - advising RK Mine Finance in relation to the financing of Cupric Canyon Capital's Khoemacau copper / silver project in Botswana, including silver stream arrangements with Royal Gold.
- Bridge Gas to Power Project - advising ABSA, SG, CDC, HEXIM, EAIF, DFC and SCB on the project financing on this pathfinder power project in Ghana.
- Platreef platinum mine, South Africa - advising the project lenders including SG and Nedbank in relation to the development and financing by Ivanhoe Mines of its $1.5bn underground mining project in South Africa including stream from Orion Resources.
- Kenyan Annuity Road programme - advising the project finance lenders on two of the Chinese sponsored road schemes. Clients include Standard Bank, Stanbic, EAIF and DEG.
- Alufer Bauxite mine Guinea - advising Alufer Mining on the full development financing of their Bauxite mine in Guinea with senior, mezzanine and convertible financing from Orion Resources, RCF, Barak and AFC.
Representative experience: Latin America
- Serrote da Laje Copper, Brazil - advising Appian Natural Resources Fund in relation to all aspects of the project financing and development of their Serrote da Laje Copper/Gold Project in Brazil including US$140m debt financing from ING, SG and Natixis.
- Araguaia Nickel Project, Brazil - advising Horizonte Minerals in relation to all aspects of the Araguaia nickel project in Brazil, including royalty and project financing and development of the project.
- Santa Rita nickel mine, Brazil - advising Appian/Atlantic Nickel in relation to all aspects of the development financing of the Santa Rita nickel mine.
- Bacanora Minerals Sonora Lithium Project, Mexico - advising RK Mine Finance in relation to the financing of Bacanora Minerals' Sonora Lithium Project in Mexico