Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Ugendran OdayarTélécharger la carte virtuelle
Ugendran is a director working in the Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions Team in Durban. He joined the practice as a candidate attorney in 2014 and was appointed as an associate in our Durban commercial team in January 2016.
During his articles, Ugendran completed rotations in the firm's Dispute Resolution & Litigation and Admiralty & Shipping departments before joining the Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions Team.
He has been involved in mergers and acquisitions of both listed and non-listed companies and has undertaken a wide variety of corporate and commercial work for a variety of clients. Ugendran has project managed and run a number of multi-faceted transactions and due diligences for both local and international clients. He forms part of the BEE team, which specialises in empowerment deals and provides corporate structuring and general BEE advice to clients. Ugendran also works very closely with the Admiralty and Shipping department, particularly in relation to Ports and Logistics related work and has advised a number of terminal operators, warehousemen and stevedores.
Ugendran has a Bachelor of Commerce (majors in economics and law) and an LLB from the University of KwaZulu-Natal and is admitted as both an Attorney and Notary Public of the High Court of South Africa. He is also an Empowerdex-accredited Certified Empowerment Technician.
- Drafted and reviewed a number of agreements relating to the supply of goods and operational services.
- Drafted proposals to amend the National Ports Act and the White Paper on the National Commercial Ports Policy.
- Advised a terminal operator in respect of its lease negotiations with Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA).
- Lead advisor on a merger in the manufacturing and packaging space involving a multinational investor.
- Project managed and drafted due diligence reports for both local and international clients.
- Drafted and reviewed a number of memoranda of incorporation, sale of business, sale of shares, shareholders, lease, stevedoring, supply and transport agreements and standard trading terms and conditions.
- Attorney and Public Notary, qualified in South Africa
In 2019 Ugendran earned an Acritas Star Nomination after the group legal counsel of a multinational packaging company provided the following feedback: "He understands what we are trying to achieve, he's very quick, accessible, and I like the fact that he is very easy to work with. He is highly competent as an attorney".