Our multi-disciplinary team consisting of lawyers from each of our cities throughout Canada offers advice on all aspects of the insurance industry. We have a team of over 50 lawyers who practice in the insurance sector in Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Québec and Toronto.
We offer our clients one of the best resourced insurance practices in Canada:
- Full range of services – We provide a full range of services whether on the contentious or non-contentious sides in the areas of practice described below.
- Understanding our clients’ needs – Knowing how our clients’ businesses work and understanding what drives them is a key requirement for us. Our team understands local as well as global market issues. We have been offering innovative, personalized and integrated services to a wide range of national and international clients for more than 130 years. We partner with clients who are leaders in the insurance industry. Our approach to servicing our clients is based on value, transparency and integrity.
- Depth of expertise – As part of a full-service law firm, our lawyers are able to draw upon the expertise of colleagues in various fields of practice and, when needed, from other jurisdictions around the world. The collective talent and resources of our global Norton Rose Fulbright team is at your disposal.
Areas of practice
Some of the insurance services we provide on the contentious side relate to the following fields:
- Life and disability
- Film and television clearance work
- Commercial litigation and class actions
Claims and coverage work in the following fields:
|Property and business interruption
Some of the insurance services we provide on the non-contentious side relate to the following fields:
- Regulatory and compliance
- Product development and distribution
- Business operations of insurers and intermediaries
- Strategic investments
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory investigations
Select client work
Our list of select client work in the aforementioned sectors is available upon request.