Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Beth Allard is experienced counsel in various commercial disputes involving complex contractual, tortious and regulatory legal issues, providing both litigation advice and negotiating successful and strategic resolutions. She regularly advises and assists clients on matters relating to tendering, procurement, project delivery and management, liens and dispute resolution. Ms. Allard's practice also covers a range of liability defence work for design professionals, financial professionals, directors and officers, healthcare professionals and various associations. She also counsels regulatory bodies on core regulatory obligations, internal governance, relationships with stakeholders and agreements with external providers.
Ms. Allard has lectured and written extensively on various legal topics, including while an adjunct professor in civil procedure at the UBC law school. She is the author of “Contribution and Apportionment” in CLEBC’s British Columbia Business Disputes, and is a regular contributor to CLEBC’s Builders Lien Practice Manual.
Ms. Allard is the local practice leader of our litigation group in Vancouver.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- British Columbia 1994
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Director and Officer Liability Practice, 2017-2021; Construction Law, 2014-2023; Insurance Law, 2015-2023; Professional Malpractice Law, 2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021-2023: recommended in Construction Law; 2021-2023: recommended in Litigation - Commercial Insurance, Professional Liability
- Benchmark Litigation Canada: Litigation Star 2021-2023
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch - Construction Law, Civil Litigation, Administrative Law Sections
- Canadian College of Construction Lawyers
- Construction Lawyers Society of America
- BC Construction Round Table
- Law Society of British Columbia