Troy Ungerman’s practice focuses on domestic and cross-border private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, private equity, venture capital investments, strategic alliances, corporate reorganizations and financings.
He provides transactional as well as corporate and commercial advice to domestic and foreign clients in a wide array of industries, including the payment card, manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, technology and health care industries.
He is a regular speaker at the Osgoode Professional Development “M&A Skills Boot Camp” as well as various continuing legal education seminars. Mr. Ungerman is also a member of the American Bar Association and an active member of the American Bar Association’s Canadian Deal Points Study.
Mr. Ungerman is co‑chair of our Canadian mergers and acquisitions team and the chair of our Canadian Pride Network.
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1998
B.A.(Hons.), McGill University, 1995
Clients for whom Mr. Ungerman has recently acted include:
- Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. and City Centre Terminal Corp. in the sale of the passenger terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to Nieuport Aviation Infrastructure GP, a consortium of Canadian and international infrastructure equity investors
- The owners of Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. in connection with the divestiture of Jamieson to affiliates of US private equity fund CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC
- Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Holdings Inc. in connection with the sale of Mobilicity to Rogers Communications Inc.
- Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Holdings Inc. in connection with the proposed sale of Mobilicity to TELUS Corporation
- Oxford Industries, Inc. in connection with its purchase of the Canadian Tommy Bahama-branded business from Jaytex Retail Corp. and Jaytex of Canada Limited
- SNC-Lavalin Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the CANDU reactor division assets of Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
- Nortel Networks Corporation and Nortel Networks Limited in connection with Nortel’s divestitures after it entered protection pursuant to the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- Newport Partners Income Fund in connection with the sale of its indirect interest in Capital C Communications to MDC Partners
- “The Role of Stalking Horse Bids in Canadian M&A,” Insight - Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions, Toronto, May 2011.
- Mr. Ungerman is a regular speaker at the M&A Boot Camp offered by Osgoode Professional Development.
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association
Norton Rose Fulbright is pleased to invite you to its Technology Academy - Strategic Insights and Recent Developments in Technology Law..
SeminarFebruary 3, 2016 | Toronto, ON, Canada
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright is one of a number of law firms advising CHAMP Private Equity on the A$1 billion sale of Accolade Wines to Carlyle Group..
April 10, 2018