R. Luc BeaulieuvCard
Related services and key industries
Luc Beaulieu is a member of our employment and labour law group.
He practises in employment and labour law, human rights and administrative law (all types of litigation, including judicial review, collective bargaining as a spokesperson and special advisor to executive and management committees).
Advising companies on management styles that contribute to reducing or eliminating employees’ interest in unionizing, he has experience in manufacturing, financial institutions, air transport and airports, aeronautics, broadcasting and cable television.
He acted as general counsel to the Canada Labour Relations Board in the 1980s.
His services are retained by the Quebec Business Council as a delegate to the consultative council on labour and manpower, and before parliamentary and government committees.
He was appointed as amicus curiae by the Department of Justice Canada to defend the respondents’ position regarding the powers of inquiry of the Canada Labour Relations Board before the Supreme Court of Canada in the matter of Canadian Labour Relations Board v Nolisair International Inc.  3 R.C.S. 724.
Mr. Beaulieu is a frequent writer and speaker on topics of labour law and labour relations.
He served as a national director of our employment and labour law group and sat on the executive committee from 2009 to 2012.
LL.L., Université de Montréal, 1981
- Quebec 1982
- Who's Who Legal, Canada 2018: Labour & Employment
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Canada, Quebec: Employment and Labour (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2014-2015: Labour and Employment Law
- Who’s Who Legal, Canada 2014: Labour & Employment
- The International Who’s Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers, 2011-2013
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2011-2019: recommended in Employment Law; Labour Relations
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2012-2013: Labour and Employment Law – Employment, Labour, Management
- PLC Which Lawyer? Cross-border Labour and Employee Benefits Handbook
- PLC Which Lawyer? Canada: “leading” in Labour and Employment Law
- Lexpert / American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada: most frequently recommended for Labour Law
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, cited for his “exemplary reputation and well-established practice”
- Mr. Beaulieu has also been a guest speaker of the following organizations, inter alia:
- Canadian Bar Association
- Conseil du patronat du Québec (Quebec council of employers)
- Labour Commissioner General’s Office
- Labour Court
- Commission des relations du travail (Labour relations commission)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Labour Relations, Human Rights and Freedoms and Constitutional Law Section
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian LabourWatch Association (2009- )
- Member of the Board of Directors of Maison Jean Lapointe (since 2017)