Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Bruce Sheiner is a securities and corporate law partner who acts for corporate, private equity and banking clients in a variety of public and private merger and acquisition, corporate finance and complex corporate restructuring transactions. This experience includes:
- a number of friendly and hostile M&A transactions, including statutory plans of arrangement, takeover bids and amalgamations;
- public offerings, including initial public offerings, and private placements acting for investors, issuers and underwriters; and
- statutory and CCAA restructurings.
In addition, he advises his public company clients on their continuous disclosure, corporate governance, and regulatory / stock exchange obligations.
Mr. Sheiner advises senior issuers as well as junior / start-up clients in a variety of industries, including technology, banking, fintech, consumer products and mining. Much of his work involves cross-border and multijurdictional transactions and financings.
Additionally, Mr. Sheiner has completed all three levels of the CFA exams.
B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2008
M.Sc., University of Toronto, 2005
H.B.A., Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Ontario 2010
Mr. Sheiner has recently acted for the following clients:
- Lactalis Canada (Parmalat) in its $1.6-billion acquisition Kraft Heinz Canada's natural cheese business
- Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited with its $985-million acquisition of Helly Hansen from a consortium including Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- A syndicate of underwriters in connection with the InterRent REIT's C$100-million bought deal offering of units
- Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in its C$5-billion cross-border debt restructuring under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Eco Oro Minerals Corp. in connection with its shareholder dispute and subsequent restructuring involving contingent value rights
- Counsel to Banro Corporation with its US$250-million corporate debt and equity restructuring
- Icahn Enterprises LLP in its US$340-million acquisition of the US automotive aftermarket product distribution business of TSX‑listed Uni‑Select Inc.
- International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, in connection with a number of equity investments in Canadian and international mining and oil and gas companies
- A syndicate of underwriters in connection with the Hudson's Bay Company's $365-million initial public offering and secondary offering of common shares on October 17, 2012, $275-million bought deal offering of subscription receipts on September 10, 2013, $140-million bought deal offering of common shares on June 2, 2014, and $140-million bought deal offering of common shares on April 28, 2015
- A syndicate of underwriters in connection with the €400-million placement and open offer of shares of Green REIT plc
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada