Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Bruce Sheiner is a securities and corporate law partner who acts for corporate, private equity and banking clients in a variety of public and private merger and acquisition, corporate finance and complex corporate restructuring transactions. This experience includes:
- a number of friendly and hostile M&A transactions, including statutory plans of arrangement, takeover bids and amalgamations;
- public offerings, including initial public offerings, and private placements acting for investors, issuers and underwriters; and
- statutory and CCAA restructurings.
In addition, he advises his public company clients on their continuous disclosure, corporate governance, and regulatory / stock exchange obligations.
Mr. Sheiner advises senior issuers as well as junior / start-up clients in a variety of industries, including technology, banking, fintech, consumer products and mining. Much of his work involves cross-border and multijurdictional transactions and financings.
Additionally, Mr. Sheiner has completed all three levels of the CFA exams.
B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2008
M.Sc., University of Toronto, 2005
H.B.A., Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Ontario 2010
Mr. Sheiner has recently acted for the following clients:
- Carlsberg in its $144 million cross-border acquisition of Waterloo Brewing Ltd. by way of a plan of arrangement
- Lactalis Canada (Parmalat) in its $1.6-billion acquisition Kraft Heinz Canada's natural cheese business
- Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited with its $985-million acquisition of Helly Hansen from a consortium including Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- A syndicate of underwriters in InterRent REIT's C$100-million bought deal offering of units
- Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in its C$5-billion cross-border debt restructuring under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Counsel to Banro Corporation with its US$250-million corporate debt and equity restructuring
- Icahn Enterprises LLP in its US$340-million acquisition of the US automotive aftermarket product distribution business of TSX‑listed Uni‑Select Inc.
- International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, in connection with a number of equity investments in Canadian and international mining and oil and gas companies
- A syndicate of underwriters in connection with the Hudson's Bay Company's $365-million initial public offering and secondary offering of common shares on October 17, 2012, $275-million bought deal offering of subscription receipts on September 10, 2013, $140-million bought deal offering of common shares on June 2, 2014, and $140-million bought deal offering of common shares on April 28, 2015
- A syndicate of underwriters in connection with the €400-million placement and open offer of shares of Green REIT plc
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021: recommended in Corporate Finance & Securities;
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021: Lawyer to Watch
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
JPMorgan and an ad hoc group of noteholders and lenders close debt refinancing transactions for Diebold Nixdorf
March 09, 2023
January 05, 2023
June 17, 2022
April 27, 2022