Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Caroline Jodoin advises small, medium and large provincially and federally regulated companies on all aspects of employment and labour law. She also represents them before various administrative tribunals in such matters as dismissals, occupational health and safety, and the interpretation and application of collective agreements. She has extensive experience in human rights issues, and has participated in a variety of significant certification mandates.
Ms. Jodoin also assists employers in the daily management of their labour or employment relations, regarding disciplinary action, administrative measures, termination, the drafting of various policies (workplace harassment, alcohol and drugs, absenteeism), or occupational health and safety matters. She has developed skills in management styles that contribute to reducing or eliminating employees' interest in unionizing, and is often called upon to advise clients on the subject.
Within the firm, Ms. Jodoin is a member of the Students Committee and the Women in Norton Rose (WiN) network. In partnership with the University of Sherbrooke, she acts as a mentor for the organization Pro Bono Students Canada.
LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
M.B.A., Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
- Quebec 2014
- "Le processus d'évaluation du caractère représentatif d'une association de salariés au Québec tient-il toujours la route?" (co-author), Norton Rose Fulbright legal update, [online], August 2017.
- "Commentaire sur la décision Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du Nord-de-l'Île de Montréal c. Jobin, ès qualités – Agiter l'épouvantail de la réorganisation du travail" (co-author), Bulletin en ressources humaines, Éditions Yvon Blais, June 27, 2017.
- "Workplace Reorganizations: Quebec Employers Beware" (co-author), The Lawyer's Daily, [online], June 21, 2017.
- "Minimum Wage Increase in Quebec: Some Employers are Flexing Their Muscles" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], May 8, 2017.
- "Does the Exercise of the Religious Right to Wear a Turban Override the Obligation to Wear a Safety Hat?" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], October 5, 2016.
- "Improper Comments on Social Networks: A Serious Cause Justifying Dismissal?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], August 1, 2016.
- "Damages to the Reputation: A Serious Motive for Termination?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], July 13, 2016.
- "What Implications Does a Change in the Ownership of a Business Have for Employment?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], December 14 "Collective Consultation on Redundancy – What Obligations Do Employers Have?" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], February 25, 2015.
- "Harassment Complaint in the Workplace and Internal Investigations: Does Procedural Fairness Apply?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], January 15, 2015.
- "Recent labour law developments," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montreal, 2016.
- "Recent labour law developments," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montreal, 2015.
- "Drugs and alcohol in the workplace," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montreal, 2014.
- Students Committee, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada
- Women in Norton Rose (WiN) network, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Jeune chambre de commerce de Montréal (Montreal junior chamber of commerce)
- Association of MBAs of Quebec
Webinar | April 30, 2020
We’re hiring! The advantages of restrictive covenants during labour shortages in the aviation sector
Publication | August 20, 2019