Managing Partner, Calgary Office
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Brad Hayden has served as the managing partner of the Calgary office since January 2015 and serves on our national management committee. He was the Calgary chair of the business law group until the end of 2015, and previously served on the senior executive and management committees of Norton Rose Fulbright Canada and its predecessors for seven years from 2007 to 2013. He served in a practice role in our Moscow office for two years in 1994 and 1995, and in a management support role involving our Almaty office for four years from 2003 to 2006.
Mr. Hayden's legal practice focuses on national and international transportation and energy service companies. He leads teams involved in private mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, divestitures and project matters. In 1998 and 1999, he was seconded to Canadian Pacific Railway, and he advised that company on project and commercial matters for many years following that secondment.
Mr. Hayden joined us as an articling student in 1990, continued as an associate in 1991 and became a partner in 1998. He was admitted as an English solicitor in October 2008.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 1990
Canadian Securities Course, 1989
B.A., Western University, 1987
- Alberta 1991
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2008
Mr. Hayden has acted recently for the following clients:
- Halliburton, a multinational diversified oil field services company, in its acquisition of Europump Systems Inc., a progressive cavity pump systems and artificial lift equipment company, from its management and private ownership group
- Kenan Advantage Group, the largest liquid bulk transportation services provider to the North American fuels, chemicals and merchant gas end markets, in its acquisition of the RTL-Westcan Group, a leading hauler of dry and liquid bulk commodities in Western and Northern Canada, from its management and private equity ownership group, including the sale and leaseback of substantially all of the RTL-Westcan operating facilities to a publicly listed real estate investment trust
- Canadian Pacific Railway, a multinational railway company, in its transactions with BHP-Billiton, to provide rail services to the Jansen potash mine and production facility in Saskatchewan, including land acquisition, rail infrastructure construction, transportation service and project development matters
- Canadian Pacific Railway, in its transactions with K+S Potash Canada, to provide rail service to the Legacy potash mine and production facility in Saskatchewan, including land acquisition, rail infrastructure construction, transportation service and project development matters
- Canadian Pacific Railway, in its transactions with provincial and municipal governments, to sell and redevelop the downtown rail yards in Regina, Saskatchewan
- Halliburton, in its acquisition of Ultraline Services Corporation, a cased hole wireline services company, from Savanna Energy Services Corp.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association