Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Alan BainbridgeTélécharger la carte virtuelle
Alan Bainbridge is a corporate lawyer based in London. He focuses on strategic M&A and corporate advisory for banks and other financial institutions.
Alan regularly advises on bank-specific legislation and is co-author of the UK chapter in Global Legal Insights' Guide to Banking Regulation 2019. Alan was also previously a member of Barclays' M&A legal team in London, where he advised the bank on a number of notable transactions.
Alan is qualified in both England and Hong Kong and spent a number of years in our Hong Kong office before becoming a partner.
Alan is "excellent in terms of commerciality, board room interaction and credibility" - The Legal 500 UK 2019.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- DVB Bank – advised on the sale of its aviation finance division to Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.
- Piraeus Bank – advised on the sale of its Albanian bank, Tirana Bank, to Balfin.
- SG Hambros Bank – advised on its acquisition of Kleinwort Benson Bank's business by way of Part VII FSMA banking business transfer.
- Macquarie Bank - advised PGGM on its acquisition of a 25 percent stake in Macquarie AirFinance.
- Barclays Bank Plc – advised on the US$2.8bn sell-down of Barclays' 62 percent shareholding in JSE-listed Barclays Africa Group Limited, and on the related bank separation arrangements.
- HSBC – advised the independent banking representative on the review and implementation of HSBC's structural reform proposals to comply with ICB's ring-fencing recommendations, as reflected in the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act.
- Barclays Bank Plc – advised on the sale of its French retail banking and wealth management business to ANA Cap Financial Partners.
- Lloyds Bank Plc – advised on its £37bn reduction of capital in connection with its ring-fencing implementation.
- Piraeus Bank – advised on the sale of its Egyptian banking business, by way of auction, to Kuwait's Al Ahli ban.
- HSBC – advised on the sale of its Brunei retail and commercial banking portfolios to Baiduri Bank.
- Goldman Sachs – advised in its capacity as sole underwriter to African Bank's ZAR5.5bn rights offer.
- Absa Bank Limited – advised on its ZAR10bn acquisition of the private label store cards portfolio of Edcon Proprietary of South Africa.
- Morgan Stanley – advised Royal Dutch Shell plc on its acquisition of Morgan Stanley's European natural gas and power trading portfolio.
- Lloyds Bank Plc – advised on restructuring its non-core assets book, including several shipping and aviation loan portfolio disposals.
- Co-author of the UK chapter, Global Legal Insights' Guide to Banking Regulation 2019
- Contributor, A Practitioner's Guide to Individual Conduct and Accountability in Financial Services Firms
- Co-author, the Banking Reform Act chapter of Thomson Reuters' Compliance Officer publication
- Previous articles featured in the Journal of International Banking and Financial Law and the Proprietary Trading Global Comparison.
19 juin 2019
8 mai 2019
7 mars 2019
Global: Banking reform updater: Updated Volcker Compliance Program requirements apply from January 2021
Publication | 24 juillet 2020
Publication | 7 juillet 2020
Publication | 15 avril 2020
Mise à jour | 3 avril 2020