Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Evelyn Li is a business law partner based in Toronto. She has a broad business law practice, including general corporate and commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, and special situations. She has experience working with clients in various industries, including in the financial, retail, pharmaceutical, technology and mining sectors. With extensive experience managing cross-functional and cross-border client and project teams, she is able to quickly identify issues and solutions for clients by leveraging our firm's global platform and resources.
Evelyn has advised clients, including management teams, boards and special committees, private equity and other investors, on complex and high-stakes purchase and sale transactions, financings, corporate reorganizations, take-over bids and proxy contests. She also regularly advises clients in general corporate and commercial matters, corporate governance and compliance matters.
Evelyn is a member and supporter of our Toronto student committee, Women in Norton Rose (WiN) network and PRIDE network. She has participated as a speaker and moderator in both firm and external corporate governance, career development and diversity and inclusion panels.
- Ontario 2006
Ms. Li acted recently for the following clients:
Corporate and Commercial Matters
- Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited in connection with various projects in and outside of Canada and day-to-day corporate and commercial matters
- A global pharmaceutical client in connection with the global reorganization of its business in Canada, and ongoing corporate matters
- A financial institution client in connection with the design and creation of a regulatory compliance management library spanning over 25 countries, including providing oversight to local counsel, acting as liaison between client and local counsel, and managing project timelines and budget
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Nordstar Capital LP in connection with its acquisition of Torstar Corporation pursuant to a plan of arrangement
- Smoothwater Capital Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Haventree Bank (formerly Equity Financial Holdings Inc.) and its OSFI-regulated mortgage lending business
- Icahn Enterprises LP in connection with its US$340 million acquisition of the US automotive aftermarket product distribution business of TSX-listed Uni-Select Inc.
Corporate Finance and Securities
- The initial public offering of VerticalScope Holdings Inc. and its listing on the TSX
- The underwriting syndicate in connection with multiple prospectus offerings of trust units by InterRent REIT for gross proceeds of over C$635 million
- The concerned shareholders of TSX-listed Guyana Goldfields Inc. in connection with a successful settlement of a requisitioned meeting to reconstitute the issuer's board of directors and the replacement of its CEO
- Special committee of KEYreit in connection with its defence against a hostile take-over bid by Huntingdon Capital Corp.
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021: recommended in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Alumni mentor for Queen's Law Professional Network (ProNet)
- Alumni Ambassador for UBC Sauder Alumni Community in Toronto
- Board of directors, The National Club, Toronto