Our global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency lawyers are at the forefront of many of the most significant cross-border restructuring and insolvency cases involving complex multi-jurisdictional issues and regional insolvency laws. With more than 50 offices in over 30 countries, our multilingual and culturally proficient lawyers have the experience to address issues posed by local laws and customs when cases cross borders.
We use the wide range of legal disciplines of lawyers from our worldwide offices in the fields of banking and finance; corporate, M&A and securities; and employment and labour to meet the challenges throughout all stages of a restructuring matter. Our ability to staff multi-jurisdictional deals using solely Norton Rose Fulbright personnel means we stand out by offering our clients seamless service in all relevant jurisdictions.
Our global team acts for a full range of clients delivering worldwide financial restructuring and insolvency services in all key industry sectors. Our client portfolio includes lenders, private equity and distressed debt funds, hedge funds, bondholders, public and private corporations, debtors, liquidators, examiners, office-holders, secured and unsecured creditors, committees, management and other relevant stakeholders.
Our areas of work include
- Bankruptcy and insolvency litigation
- Complex bankruptcy investigations
- Complex loan restructurings
- Cross-border recognition proceedings
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses, and forward, swap and trading contracts
- Lender liability disputes
- Official committee and ad hoc representations
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets
- Sale and purchase of distressed debt and portfolio sales
- Valuation and solvency proceedings
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Chambers Global, Canada: Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners, 2021
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Restructuring and Insolvency, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2021
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Alberta: Restructuring and Insolvency (Tier 1), Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2021
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Ontario: Restructuring and insolvency, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2021
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Québec: Restructuring and insolvency, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2021
- Legal 500 Canada, Restructuring and Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2021
December 16, 2020
Montreal and Toronto represents FTI Consulting Canada Inc., as monitor, in CCAA proceedings of Bloom Lake General Partner Limited et als. and Wabush Mines et als.
December 16, 2020