Our global employment and labor team has extensive experience in immigration law and workforce mobility, helping clients ensure they are operating their businesses with the best legal strategies for achieving smooth workforce transitions.
Our lawyers understand that a global workforce requires timely solutions to immigration matters including work permits, visas, study permits, permanent resident status and citizenship. We combine our detailed knowledge of local regulatory provisions with the reach of our international law firm to successfully manage our clients’ cross-border issues wherever they arise.
With more than 30 years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of immigration and employment laws and regulations, national policies and practices and international treaties governing foreign workers, our lawyers provide practical, commercial solutions to issues arising from business immigration. Our clients include both small and multinational companies across key industry sectors including financial institutions, energy, infrastructure, mining and commodities, transport, technology and innovation and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- Contractor agreements
- Employer sanctions and compliance
- Employment and labor law, including employee benefits
- Employment contracts
- Immigration and visa requirements
- Permanent resident status and citizenship
- Permits, including study and work
- Post-arrival procedures, including medical coverage, social insurance and driver’s licenses
- Residency obligations
- Secondment arrangements
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Immigration, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500 Canada, Business Immigration, The Legal 500, 2019