Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright is once again recognized in key practice areas by the Chambers Canada guide, with 86 lawyers earning a total of 98 distinctions.
“At this critical moment, when a number of industries are being disrupted by COVID-19, volatility has gripped the markets and employers are grappling with unprecedented challenges, the results demonstrate that the firm’s teams have the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience to advise clients on a wide range of issues and opportunities,” said Charles Hurdon, Managing Partner - Canada, Norton Rose Fulbright.
Norton Rose Fulbright is ranked in 53 areas, and as Band 1 in the following nine categories, all for the second consecutive year:
- Agribusiness: agriculture and food products (Nationwide)
- Corporate/commercial: highly regarded (British Columbia)
- Corporate/commercial: the elite (Quebec)
- Employment and labour (Nationwide)
- Employment and labour (Ontario)
- Employment and labour (Quebec)
- Energy: provincial regulatory (Quebec)
- Litigation: general commercial (Quebec)
- Transportation: shipping (Nationwide)
The firm has achieved band rankings for the first time in the areas of Cannabis law (Nationwide); Energy: provincial regulatory (BC); Healthcare: corporate/commercial and regulatory (Nationwide); and Litigation: securities (Ontario).
The following lawyers are ranked Band 1:
- R. Luc Beaulieu (Employment and labour - Quebec)
- Pierre Bienvenu, Ad. E. (Dispute resolution: arbitration - Nationwide)
- Pierre Bienvenu, Ad. E. (Dispute resolution: most in demand arbitrators - Nationwide)
- Pierre Bienvenu, Ad. E. (Litigation: general commercial - Quebec)
- Rick Borden (Banking and finance - Nationwide)
- John Bromley, QC (Transportation: shipping - Nationwide)
- Shelley Chapelski (Transportation: shipping - Nationwide)
- Richard J. Charney (Employment and labour - Ontario)
- Don Davies, QC (Energy: oil and gas regulatory - Nationwide)
- Don Davies, QC (Energy: provincial regulatory - Alberta)
- Éric Dunberry, Ad. E. (Energy: provincial regulatory - Quebec)
- Linda Fuerst (Litigation: securities - Ontario)
- Howard A. Gorman, QC (Restructuring and insolvency - Nationwide)
- Vanessa Grant (Life sciences: corporate/commercial - Nationwide)
- Clarke Hunter, QC (Litigation: general commercial - Alberta)
- André Legrand (Insurance: dispute resolution - Nationwide)
- Margaret Mason, QC (Charities/non-profits - Nationwide)
- Sophie Melchers (Litigation: securities - Quebec)
- Steve Raby, QC (Real estate - Alberta)
- Paul Raymond (Corporate/commercial - Quebec)
- Judith Robinson (Intellectual property: litigation - Nationwide)
- Martin J. Valasek (Dispute resolution: arbitration - Nationwide)
Please visit Chambers’ online directory for our full rankings, including additional categories such as Senior Statespeople and Associates to Watch.
Chambers and Partners have published guides to the legal profession since 1990. With a team of over 200 full-time researchers based in London (UK), they identify and rank the world's best lawyers and law firms based on in-depth, objective research by conducting interviews with thousands of clients and legal professionals.