We were the first global law firm to develop a dedicated healthcare legal practice more than 35 years ago. The experienced lawyers who comprise our global healthcare team act for numerous clients across the healthcare sector, including hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers, long-term care and assisted living facilities, retail pharmacies and wholesale distributors, multi-disciplinary physicians groups and health insurers.
We advise our clients on all aspects of healthcare law, including transactions, telemedicine, private and tax-exempt financings, insurance coverage and reimbursement, medical liability claims, healthcare fraud and abuse issues, clinical integration, construction and licensing of healthcare facilities and labor and employment matters.
Many of our lawyers have extensive backgrounds within the healthcare industry and they maintain their professional relationships and healthcare credentials, allowing them to offer an industry-centered approach across a full range of litigation, transactional and regulatory issues.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Board governance
- Compliance, internal investigations and self-disclosure
- Crisis management
- Equity and debt offerings
- Formation of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Governmental investigations
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
- Intellectual property
- Joint ventures
- Labor and employment
- Litigation and disputes, including class actions
- Private equity
- Public finance
- Projects and construction
- Real estate
- Reimbursement tax
Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Healthcare - Corporate/Commercial and Regulatory, Chambers and Partners, 2023