Norton Rose Fulbright Canada S.E.N.C.R.L., s.r.l.
Jeff LandmannTélécharger la carte virtuelle
Jeff Landmann is an employment and labour partner based in Calgary. Jeff advises employers in negotiation and preparation of employment contracts and severance packages, employment policies and procedures, employment standards, privacy, employment litigation, mediation, arbitration, and human rights claims before the courts, labour boards and administrative tribunals.
In the context of unionized workforces, Jeff advises and represents employers in labour relations matters such as union organizing drives, collective bargaining, labour disputes, grievance and interest arbitration, and managing employees in a unionized environment.
Prior to joining us, Jeff held the positions of vice president, labour relations and governance, and director, legal and privacy officer for a major commercial airline. In these roles, Jeff led the overall strategic direction for the labour relations, HR policy and governance, and workplace investigation teams. Having held these functions, Jeff understands the employer viewpoint from their perspective.
Jeff also has broad experience in complex commercial litigation, including oil and gas, insurance, partnership and shareholder, commercial real estate, civil fraud, passing off and trademark disputes.
- Alberta 2002
- Class action defence involving allegations of systemic sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Successfully averted a labour stoppage and business interruption and achieved sought terms and conditions for a first collective agreement in interest arbitration.
- Counsel for major commercial airline on various Canada Industrial Relations Board proceedings, including the successful dismissal of an application for certification and application for interim relief by a trade union, and the withdrawal of inter-related unfair labour practice complaints commenced by the trade union.
- Counsel in multi-party Canada Industrial Relations Board proceedings for a major commercial airline resulting in the successful negotiated settlements to a single employer application brought by unions representing refuelling and ground handler employee groups.
- Successful share acquisition transaction for a client in the transportation sector advising on strategic labour and employment considerations.
- Counsel for employer in inter-related claims and counter-claims for wrongful dismissal, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty related to the appropriation of seismic data.
- Counsel for plaintiff investors in successful appearance before the Supreme Court of Canada in Hryniak v. Mauldin, 2014 SCC 7 and the related action of Bruno Appliance and Furniture Inc. v. Hryniak, 2014 SCC 8, which dealt with the test for summary judgment and the elements of the civil tort of fraud.
- As in-house counsel, acted as spokesperson with federal agencies regarding significant new federal labour standards legislation and advised on their interpretation and implementation for a major commercial airline.
- Airline Privacy Program spotlight, presenter, Conference Board of Canada, Council of Chief Privacy Officers, 2017, Calgary.
- Law Society of Alberta (2002 - present)
- Canadian Bar Association (1999-present)
- "Labour Relations as a Strategic Consideration," lecturer, University of Calgary, Haskayne School of Business, Masters in Management, Capstone Project (2020)
- FETCO (Association of Federal Employers in Transportation and Communications) (2018-2020)
- Conference Board of Canada Council of Chief Privacy Officers (2014-2017)
- Law Society of Ontario (2009-2016)